Friday, October 9, 2015

Creamy Chicken Egg Noodle Dish

Hello!

I know we didn't post anything last week, but to be honest, we were ridiculously busy! We had assignments, projects, mid term exams and every horrible thing thrown at us one after the other. But, I have something super exciting to share with you guys...my creamy chicken egg noodle dish! It is not a a textbook recipe but its deliciously creamy and pure heaven. This recipe came about as I was just experimenting with some ingredients I had and the result was decadent, so I tried it a few times and perfected a bowl! Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy it!

What you'll need for one serving:

1 egg noodle square*
1 boneless skinless chicken chopped into bite size pieces
3/4 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp pepper
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon of butter
Pinch of basil for garnish (optional)

*I got this at an oriental market (amongst so many other delicious things) and I was told it was egg noodles but you can substitute this for anything you want. This is what mine looked like:



















Here are the steps I used:

1) Bring two cups of water to a boil and add in the noodles with the salt. These noodles take a really short amount of time to cook, so keep an eye on it. Mine took me about 5 minutes.
Noodles cooking away!
2) Heat a pan at a medium-high heat with some butter and add in the chopped chicken.
I have two chicken thigh's here as I was cooking for two
3) As the chicken develops a pale color, add in the chili flakes and powder, pepper and salt if you want.
Pure goodness!
4) Strain the noodles with about 5 tablespoons of water remaining and add it to the chicken. Mix well and turn the heat down to a simmer until all the water has evaporated. The starch in the water helped to form the creaminess in the dish!
You can see the creamy texture forming!
5) Plate it, garnish with some dried basil and devour your creation!



That is it, guys! It is super easy and a great dish to whip up when you're busy. I hope you guys enjoyed this and I'll see you again very soon!

Cheers,
Kavi

No comments:

Post a Comment