Sunday, October 11, 2015

Oatmeal with Strawberries and Sultanas

Hey everyone!

Sorry I haven't posted lately! I am so busy with exams these days so I don't have much time on my hands unfortunately. It is currently 3.00 am in Melbourne (college student life) and I am taking a break from studying and thought I should do something I love just to relax a little. So I'm gonna let you guys know how to make one of my go to breakfast bowls.

This literally takes me 10 minutes to make which is perfect for anyone in a rush like myself. It is a quick and easy healthy breakfast! You can use any fruit you like with this recipe. I usually add chia seeds (superfood) but I had run out the day I made this, so definitely add some if you have any. So on to the recipe.

Ingredients for one serving:

1/2 cup of rolled or instant oats
1 cup of almond milk (you can use any milk)
2 tbsp of light agave nectar (use sweetener of choice)
1 tsp of vanilla
3/4 cup of strawberries (1/4 cup chopped and 1/2 cup sliced)
1/2 cup of sultanas
Chia seeds

1) Add the oats, milk, agave nectar, vanilla in a small pan over low to medium heat. Simmer this until the oats absorb some of the milk and begins to thicken

2) Add your chopped strawberries and 1/4 cup of the sultan. Cook until the fruits soften slightly but it should hold it's shape.

3) Once it reaches a creamy, thick consistency, take off the heat and transfer into a bowl

4) Sprinkle the chia seeds and top it off with the rest of the fresh strawberries and sultanas.

That's it! Yes, it is as simple as that. It is so delicious and filling. Hope you enjoyed this post and I'll see you soon!

Cheers,

Thavi


No comments:

Post a Comment