Saturday, October 10, 2015

Whole Wheat Spaghetti & Beef!

Hello again!

Since we missed posting something last week, I have another scrumptious recipe post for you guys (dances in the room 'cause it's a bonus post!)

Anyway, on to the post! I have one goal in the kitchen: to have a max time of 30 minutes to cook and clean and get out. So, this dish stays true to that and also delivers with both equal parts filling and delicious! I will be using whole wheat spaghetti 'cause it's the healthier option but you can use any kind of spaghetti you want! Anyway, let's get on with how to make it!

Ingredients for four servings:

2/3 pound of whole wheat spaghetti
2/3 pound of beef
3/4 bottle of pasta sauce (I used a combination of Italian pasta sauce, and onion, tomato and garlic sauce pasta sauce for added flavor)
1/2 a large white onion
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp chili flakes
Salt to taste
Basil for garnish (optional)

**As you can see, I didn't add many veggies, but feel free to add chopped tomatoes, mushrooms and anything you like.

Let's get on with how to make it:

1) Bring four cups of water to a boil and add salt and the spaghetti in (clearly I needed a bigger pan, but I made it work!).
Should have thought about a bigger pan...
If you persevere, you'll make it work..somehow!

2) Turn another pan to a medium heat and add in the beef. I did not add any oil because the fat in the beef helps to cook the meat.

3) Add the chopped onions into the beef. The oil in the meat helps soften it up.

4) Once the onions are translucent and the beef is cooked through, add in the pasta sauce. Turn the heat to a simmer and let the sauce warm up.
Yum!


5) Cook the spaghetti until it has reached the texture you want (I like mine al dente), drain and add it to the sauce.
Deliciousness in the making!
6) Mix well, plate up, garnish and serve!
Mix well!

Up close and personal in spaghetti space...*drool*

Yes, I'll have a bite of that, thank you very much!


Yes, it took me less than 30 minutes to cook and clean! It's super easy and feeds a hungry crowd! I hope you guys enjoyed this post and I'll see you very soon!

Cheers,
Kavi

No comments:

Post a Comment